I do not control which ads are displayed by Google Ads nor do I endorse the products advertised. Ads claiming diabetes is curable or reversible should be ignored.

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Free Radicals and James Bond

I enjoyed this brief moment immensely yesterday while watching an old movie.

With all due respect to Ian Fleming and Sean Connery, "Never Say Never Again" was not the greatest Bond movie ever made. But it had one sterling moment:



For those unable to load youtube:

M: Too many free radicals. That's your problem.

James Bond: "Free radicals," sir?

M: Yes. They're toxins that destroy the body and the brain, caused by eating too much red meat and white bread and too many dry martinis!

James Bond: Then I shall cut out the white bread, sir.

A very wise decision, James.

I drank a toast to that with a glass of Shiraz after my steak without white bread last night.

Cheers, Alan
Everything in Moderation - Except laughter

5 comments:

igloo said...

Thank you for that - although, as usual, the dieting led to plenty of mayhem down the track 8-) I'll think about it over the BBQ'ed barramundi, (small) potato with butter and chives, and simple salad, accompanied of course with a glass of wine!

5.1 this morning - definitely going to try chucking the last metformin after the current lot run out!

Cheers!

Alan said...

Bon appetit - and congratulations on your continued improvement. My dawn phenomenon rarely lets me see numbers that good in the am; I see them later in the day.

Good luck with dropping the metformin. I found I needed mine after a three month cessation trial.

Cheers, Alan

Ken said...

I read an interesting report on statin drugs and how they can cause Type II Diabetes. What's your take on this subject Alan?

Alan said...

Ken wrote: :"I read an interesting report on statin drugs".

I'd like to read the report before I comment. Do you have a url or cite please?

Cheers, Alan

Extenze said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.