I do not control which ads are displayed by Google Ads nor do I endorse the products advertised. Ads claiming diabetes is curable or reversible should be ignored.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lancet Change - St Swithun's Day

Today, July 15th, is St Swithun's Day.

When I first started learning about diabetes on misc.health.diabetes I discovered that most of the old-timers changed their lancets rarely. Most could not remember the last time they changed it, because they only bothered if it started to get dull or they were testing someone else.

Consequently, the practice of announcing that it was time for the annual lancet change on St Swithun's Day became traditional. Whether the change was needed or not.

So I have decided to continue the tradition.

Today is lancet-change day; even if your lancet is nearly brand new and has only been in use for a few months or a few hundred tests. I must admit I can't remember when I last changed mine.

I intend to hold a small ceremony, involving a nice glass of Shiraz, an hour after dinner before I test :-)

PS. For those who are changing their lancets every time they test, please read Painless Pricks.

Cheers, Alan

Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.

3 comments:

Trinkwasser said...

Hmmm, I thought mine felt a bit blunt this morning, now I know why!

All I need now is for you to remind me where I hid the replacements . . .

Unknown said...

Thanks for the reminder! One question though, why do they sell them in boxes of 100, thats like a lifetime supply!

Neil

Gretchen said...

Neil, that's because if you test regularly, you'll live another 100 years.