I do not control which ads are displayed by Google Ads nor do I endorse the products advertised. Ads claiming diabetes is curable or reversible should be ignored.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Other's Stories

This is an index page for the stories of others that I happen across on this journey. Stories that uplift me, or I learn from, or those I just found interesting and enjoyed reading.

Maybe others will enjoy them as much as I.

xita's Story When I was diagnosed my A1c was 10.4 I finally had another test and my new A1c is 5.1 I am so happy I needed to tell someone... When I started this journey nearly 8 months ago I weighed 256 pounds. I am now 193.

Jennifer's Story Eight years ago today I was diagnosed with T2 diabetes. I was very afraid...

Good Advice, Bad Advice - Nicky's Experience My doctor is adamant that I shouldn't test, and that I should base my diet on whole grains. OTOH, I have an A1c of 5.5% ...

LuckyKat My name is Kathy and I am both a horror story and a diabetic survivor.Let me start with my family history. My mother was a Type 1.5 diabetic. My Father is a type 2 diabetic. My brother is a type 2 diabetic. Me --I am a type 2

Turning Points My story.

Inspiration nanna2six' story. When I was diagnosed in April 2008, I wasn't sure where to start. I went in for my annual exam, on a Friday, on the following Tuesday the nurse called and said I needed to repeat my glucose test because it was a "little high". I said how high? She said 289.

Lisa's Story My story begins like most of us: hearing that my fasting blood glucose (BG) reading put me over the “limit.” No prediabetes, do not pass go, go directly to full-on diabetes. No “get out of jail free” card for me. This had been on my radar for quite some time. Oddly, it still took me by surprise. 

George's Story Hi. I am George_M. What follows is my story, and why I feel so lucky to have diabetes.

Tammy's Story I will never forget that morning. It was Tuesday, May 29th, 2013 and was two days before my 42nd birthday. My doctor called to tell me I had diabetes and I needed to see my endocrinologist right away. My A1C was 10.7 and this could not wait. My heart was racing, and I really don't remember driving home. I cried all the way home in a complete state of panic. My name is Tammy and I am a registered nurse, having spent most of my career working in ICU.

No comments: